My current job title is Research Scientist and my background is in computer science where I hold a master's degree from the University of Washington (UW). I work with the UW Structural Informatics Group.
The Structural Informatics Group (SIG) (http://sig.biostr.washington.edu/), in the Department of Biological Structure, is a research group whose focus is on the development of computational methods for representing, managing, visualizing, and sharing information about the physical organization of the human body.
Some Current Projects:
- Foundational Model of Anatomy (FMA): http://sig.biostr.washington.edu/projects/fm/index.html
- FaceBase: I am involved in an ontology extension to this project - https://www.facebase.org/node/158
- Human Studies Database (HSDB): https://hsdbwiki.org/index.php/HSDB_Wiki
- RadLex: enhancement of anatomical axis - http://www.radlex.org/
University of Washington Structural Informatics Group, Seattle Washington
- Distributed, semantics (ontology) enabled, query-based data integration
- Develop software to browse, query, augment, audit, or otherwise consume and/or manage ontologies
University of Washington Bio-Medical Data Integration and Analysis Group, Seattle Washington
- UII (Uncertainty in Information Integration) project - characterize uncertainty inherent in biomedical data and leverage for the purpose of search result ranking
- BioMediator - mediated distributed data integration of public bio-molecular data
University of Washington Jonsson Research Group, Seattle Washington
- Eon distibuted computing project - long time molecular dynamics simulation for computational chemistry